Authentication Timeout | Coder Radio 41923 June 2021
Big Tech's punishment train has been en route for years, but now that it's almost arrived, are we getting onboard? Support Coder Radio
- Salt Lake City | Meetup — On our way to Denver, we are swinging through Salt Lake City, that is if we get enough people to sign up!
- Denver Meetup | Meetup — Many of the Jupiter Broadcasting cast are getting together in Denver for a much overdue reunion - and we’d like to spend an evening with you!
- Google is risk averse & has paralyzing bureaucracy, executives say — Several other Google executives told The New York Times that the company is suffering from a number of issues related to its size and maturity, including a “paralyzing bureaucracy, a bias toward inaction and a fixation on public perception.”
- Sundar Pichai Faces Internal Criticism at Google - The New York Times — Despite record profits, a number of them are worried that the company is suffering from both its size and leadership from its C.E.O., Sundar Pichai.
- Apple’s Tim Cook called Nancy Pelosi — Cook cautioned that the bills were rushed, would stifle innovation, and would hurt consumers by wreaking havoc on Apple services, according to the report. He also requested that the Judiciary Committee delay its process of consideration, a funnel through which the legislation must pass before reaching the full House.
- U.S. Lawmakers Introduce Antitrust Legislation — These measures are the culmination of a 16-month antitrust investigation into tech companies practices that kicked off in 2019, and which saw Apple CEO Tim Cook testify in an antitrust hearing alongside Alphabet/Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Tech Giants, Fearful of Proposals to Curb Them, Blitz Washington With Lobbying - The New York Times — Executives, lobbyists, and more than a dozen groups paid by Big Tech have tried to head off bipartisan support for six bills meant to undo the dominance of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google.
- New poll shows voters favor tech regulation — A new poll commissioned by tech industry-funded group shows 53% of voters favor at least some tech regulation.
- Microsoft Market Value Hits $2 Trillion — Microsoft Corp. took its place in the history books as just the second U.S. public company to reach a $2 trillion market value
- Windows 11 event: what to expect from Microsoft - The Verge — Microsoft’s “next generation” of Windows event is taking place later this week, on June 24th at 11AM ET.