The Diablo is in the Details | Coder Radio 43620 October 2021
Why mastering your development environment can be a tricky feat, and a server outage brought to you by the late 1990s. Support Coder Radio
- Apple announces 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro — The M1 Pro chip is an upscaled version of the M1 chip, with up to 200 GB/s memory bandwidth, up to 32 GB RAM, and more than double the number of transistors. Apple said the CPU performance is about 70% faster than M1, and GPU performance is about double. M1 Max doubles RAM to 64 GB, and doubles the GPU size to 32 cores.
- Diablo II: Resurrected Outages — tl;dr: Our server outages have not been caused by a singular issue; we are solving each problem as they arise, with both mitigating solves and longer-term architectural changes.
- Blizzard Reveals Source Of Diablo II: Resurrected Server Issues — Blizzard has published a detailed post about the issues and hoo boy, they’re complicated
- THE DECLINE OF DJANGO — Let’s face it, it’s not very exciting to be a Django developer today.
- Python Programming - The State of Developer Ecosystem in 2021 Infographic
- Facebook Newsroom on Twitter — Right now 30+ journalists are finishing up a coordinated series of articles based on thousands of pages of leaked documents. We hear that to get the docs, outlets had to agree to the conditions and a schedule laid down by the PR team that worked on earlier leaked docs.
- Facebook Says AI Will Clean Up the Platform. Its Own Engineers Have Doubts — AI has only minimal success in removing hate speech, violent images and other problem content, according to internal company reports
- Facebook posts strange thread suggesting major revelations about to come out