Shockingly Pragmatic | Coder Radio 4529 February 2022
Mike makes a shocking admission, and Chris wishes he had a time machine. Support Coder Radio
- Steam Deck Previews are up — The flood gates are beginning to open around the Steam Deck with a few big YouTube channels doing a hands-on preview now live. Plus, dbrand poke fun at Nintendo with their upcoming Steam Deck accessory kit.
- Swift and C++ interoperability workgroup announcement — To advance the interoperability support between Swift and C++, we are announcing the formation of the Swift and C++ interoperability workgroup as part of the Swift project.
- Facebook says Apple iOS privacy change will cost $10 billion this year — Facebook said on Wednesday that Apple’s App Tracking Transparency feature would decrease the company’s 2022 sales by about $10 billion.
- Apple to Collect 27% Commission on Third-Party App Payment Systems in the Netherlands — Apple says it will take 27% commission on purchases made in dating apps through third-party payment options in the Netherlands, in compliance with a Dutch regulatory ruling.
- Apple’s Example in-app Modal Sheet for new Purchase Screen
- Distributing dating apps in the Netherlands — Developers of dating apps who want to continue using Apple’s in-app purchase system may do so and no further action is needed. Those who want to use a different payment system will need to request the StoreKit External Purchase Entitlement or the StoreKit External Purchase Link Entitlement.
- Apple Fined Another 5 Million Euros by Dutch Competition Regulator Over Dating App Payment Requirements — The Netherlands’ Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) has fined Apple five million euros for a third consecutive week for allegedly failing to satisfy the requirements it set regarding alternative payment systems for dating apps
- Google Looks To Be Moving On From Failing Stadia Service — The service has been demoted within Google and will instead power experiences for other companies
- Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)