Account Suspenders | Coder Radio 46220 April 2022
We get a bit gleeful over some choice tech monopoly hypocrisy and then spicy with our 18-month outlook. Support Coder Radio
- Tesla accelerator stuck going 83 mph — Javier Rodriguez, a resident of Irvine, told KABC in Los Angeles that his Tesla Model 3’s computer froze up while driving on Interstate 10 — rendering the Tesla’s central touchscreen useless, but also causing the turn signals, hazard lights and other standard car features to malfunction.
- ENCODYA on Steam — Neo Berlin 2062. Tina – a nine-year-old orphan – lives with SAM-53 – her big clumsy robot guardian –in a rooftop makeshift shelter in Neo-Berlin, a dark megalopolis controlled by corporations.
- LUP LUG Mumble Server Info — JB Mumble Server Info
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup — Jupiter Broadcasting regularly provides community events, talks, meet and greets and special hang-out dinners while attending fests and conferences.
- Office Hours.Hair — Join ChrisLAS for an update on all things Jupiter Broadcasting
- Apple Says Plan for Nearly 50% Commission on Metaverse Purchases ‘Lays Bare Meta’s Hypocrisy’ — Yesterday, it was revealed that Meta, more commonly known as Facebook, plans to take a steep 47.5% commission for digital asset purchases made inside the so-called “metaverse.”
- Meta Platforms is Struggling to Develop Its Own Device Chips — In late 2021, a team of Meta Platforms employees building a key chip for the second version of Meta’s Ray-Ban smart glasses was notified that the company had decided to go with an alternative chip from Qualcomm
- Meta to let Horizon Worlds creators sell virtual items
- Moxie Marlinspike » Blog » My first impressions of web3
- ‘Jack Dorsey’s First Tweet’ NFT Went on Sale for $48M. It Ended With a Top Bid of Just $280 — Crypto entrepreneur Sina Estavi bought Twitter founder Jack Dorsey’s first-ever tweet as an NFT for $2.9 million last year. He listed the NFT for sale again at $48 million last week.
- Would-be home buyers may be forced to rent the American dream, rather than buy it - 60 Minutes - CBS News — Tricon is trying to buy 800 houses a month and there are companies even bigger. Invitation Homes owns more than 80,000 rental houses, American Homes 4 Rent close to 60,000. Some of the all stars of finance – Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Blackstone - have put hundreds of millions of dollars into these companies. They all offer rental homes online, and all focus on the sunbelt.