Easy for Schmidt to Say | Coder Radio 46113 April 2022
We revel in the hypocrisy of big tech, share a few stories, and catch up with an old friend. Support Coder Radio
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — And a dead 🚘 wow… rough morning. Lol. Guess it’s my turn in the Murphy’s law barrel 😂
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — I’d like to say my MacBook Air lasted the night. I’d really like to… nobody tell ChrisLAS. It’s in rice. It’s fine.
- Tank on Twitter — Let me break this down for you: Elon became largest shareholder for Free Speech Elon was told to play nice and not speak freely.
- Sounding the alarm: How noise hurts the heart — In the last decade, a growing body of research more directly links air and road traffic noise to a heightened risk for a number of cardiovascular ailments — and scientists are beginning to pinpoint the mechanisms at play.
- ‘Reader’ Apps Can Now Add Links for Account Signups Outside of the App Store
- Apple Allegedly Provided User Data to Hackers That Forged Legal Requests
- Fig — Fig adds IDE-style autocomplete to your existing terminal. Move faster with Fig.
- Warp Raises $23M — “You walk by any developer’s desk and they’re going to have a terminal open. There are only a couple apps like that: the terminal and the code editor.”
- Parag Agrawal on Twitter — Elon Not Joining Twitter Board
- Ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt on why people should return to the office — Schmidt says it’s not just a matter of nostalgia: There are practicalities to working together in person. For example, he says that conversations about professionalism — which might be particularly necessary at companies full of young employees, are much harder to have virtually.